Professional Development for Teachers and Administrators
"Aha!" Moments: A SchoolCity Favorite
Teachers are no longer getting stuck on debating whether a question is 'good' or 'bad.' Instead, their conversations have evolved into ones that are dissecting what students needed to know to THINK THROUGH the question and the nuances between answer choices.Principal
Youngstown Public Schools
Professional Development that Works for You
PD Series Courses: Helping you get the most from your Assessment Data
Data Analysis 101Learn how to:
- Unwrap data reports - from the big picture to specific student details
- Create custom reports and more!
Change Agent: Using Data to Change PracticesLearn how to:
- Use data results to drive instructional practices and make
modifications in adult behavior
- Use data results to help improve student achievement.
Click on the course title to learn more!
Together We Achieve More: Data Practices in Collaborative GroupsLearn how to:
- Use student data to guide collaborative discussions
- Establish groups, roles, responsibilities, and norms. Just click on the course title to learn more!
Students Matter: Goal Setting and Data Analysis with StudentsStudents perform better when they analyze their own test results to identify patterns and specific challenge areas. Involving students in the data reflection process helps them see clearly where they're succeeding and where they need help. SchoolCity trainers will model lessons in the classroom throughout the day, while guiding students through data reflection activities. Click on the course title to learn more!
Planning for the Common CoreLearn how to:
- Determine how the Common Core State Standards will change your practices
- Plan ahead for changes in assessment, pedagogy, reporting, and gaps in state assessments. Just click on the course title to learn more.