Online Assessment Analysis & Reporting System Reach for the STARS™!
Why choose SchoolCity's STARS™? For Results.
- Integrated, Common Core-Aligned Intervention Resources STARS™ comes with a built-in library containing thousands of standards-aligned lesson plans and intervention materials, giving users integrated access to a host of resources designed to re-teach concepts and skills.
- Common Core-Aligned, Pre-Built Formative Assessments The STARS™ Suite includes over 350 RapidResponse Formative Assessments. Pre-built and short enough to administer quickly and frequently, these assessments allow teachers to closely track student achievement.
- ReportingNo need write special queries to analyze results; STARS™ users have instant access to dozens of pre-built reports with extensive filtering options. By design, all reports are easy to disaggregate and interpret.
- Test CreationOur user-friendly test creation tool makes distributing and managing classroom and district assessments simple. With access to high quality item banks and the ability to create their own, users can generate assessments targeted specifically to their students.
- Data CaptureAlong with online testing capabilities, STARS™ offers integrated scanning software for easy, accurate test delivery and data gathering. The system includes integration into both plain paper scanners and document cameras, making scoring exceptionally efficient.
- Automatic, Nightly Roster UpdatesCurrent and accurate data is crucial for effective analysis and reporting. STARS™ automatically extracts data directly from your district's Student Information System, sends it through a validation process, and finally loads it to STARS™.
Integrated, Common Core-Aligned Intervention Resources
All intervention resources are linked directly to the STARS™ interface and are fully searchable. Districts can also link to their own teacher-generated resources or to those purchased from curriculum providers such as Curriculum Associates.
Visit our Common Core section to learn more about CCSS-aligned intervention resources.
Common Core-Aligned, Pre-Built Formative Assessments
- Five items per standard
- One standard per assessment
- A balance of difficulty and cognitive levels within each assessment
- Two versions of each assessment for Math (same standards, 5 different items) to provide teachers with assessment options.
STARS™ contains a host of easily generated, pre-built reports that include various test results and student demographic data. By design, all reports are easy to disaggregate and interpret.
- All STARS™ reports are exportable in multiple formats and feature extensive filtering and "drill down" options. In addition to pre-formatted Summary-Level Reports, STARS™ features an array of fast, flexible, Student-Level Reports.
The STARS™ DIBELS® Reports help measure student success in the five early literacy components: Phonological Awareness, Alphabetic Principle, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and Fluency with Connected Text.
- STARS™ ELL Reporting synthesizes ELL student data so that teachers can provide appropriate differentiated instruction for each student. Along with automatically generating AMAO 1-3 Reports, R-30, and SNOR Reports, STARS™ includes re-designation reports and analytic tools that relate student performance to services received. These reports also allow teachers to quickly identify and assess students who just missed the mark ("bubble kids") on any skill or sub-skill area. Additionally, STARS™ includes fast and flexible ELSSA reporting.
In a few simple steps, district, campus, and teacher users can create standards-aligned assessments that can be delivered on paper or online. After users select a grade, subject area, and the desired standards, STARS™ will filter through one of its extensive item banks to display which test questions are available. Users can then review the items and sort them based on criteria such as Bloom's Taxonomy, difficulty level, associated reading passages, and more.
Along with online testing capabilities, STARS™ offers integrated scanning software for easy, accurate test delivery and data gathering. Web-based grading tools allow users to easily review, correct, and upload scanned answer sheets. Integration into both plain paper scanners and document cameras makes scoring exceptionally efficient.
- Plain Paper Scanning SchoolCity integrates with many scanning devices, allowing users to print bubble sheets on plain paper and scan the results. Printing forms on-demand gives users flexibility and convenience. Plain-paper scanning reads student answers and calculates score based on info stored about the student response. Our Scanner Compatibility List features Fujitsu plus Canon, Epson, Scantron, Brother, etc.
- Document Camera Integration STARS™ easily integrates with GradeCam, our exclusive document camera scoring engine. Just scan the answer key and most assessment item types are graded as scanned, with scores sent straight to the computer. GradeCam is compatible with 22 different cameras brands common to schools, like Samsung, AVer, HoverCam, Epson, and many others.
- Direct Entry Scoring STARS™ lets teachers enter scores for performance-based assessments directly into its database. Whether it's a writing assignment with a rubric score or raw scores for a Kindergarten inventory, STARS™ can support direct entry scoring.
Automatic, Nightly Roster Updates
Our roster update framework is currently in use by over 60 school districts, and processes over 2 million rows nightly. We'll work with you to arrive at an extraction mechanism that best suits your district's policies and security needs.